There has been a rapid increase in the use of the internet globally each day. It is estimated that the world has over four billion people who access the internet. Since the beginning of the Y2K era, information availability has gone through the roof. Much of this has to do with the evolution of the media.
The dominance of social media networks like Myspace and Facebook changed the way businesses and consumers interacted, giving both new and established brands direct access to their audiences. Marketing has always been in existence, and it is basically reaching customers in the areas they are in. TV commercials, print advertisements, and billboards have been trying to do this for decades. Using the internet as a business has numerous benefits other than simply being a medium for information exchange.
The benefits can include – reaching a broader audience, sharing personalized content, and building a closer relationship with clients from all over the world. In this article, we will discuss important basics you should know about for marketing in the modern internet age while offering you valuable insight that can get you started with even the least overhead.
What is Marketing?
Marketing is simply put, the promotion for the sale or purchase of goods and services. A Marketing agent is one who facilitates the promotion for the buying or selling of goods or services. As a marketer, it is your job to connect potential buyers with their needs. Many marketers work for other companies to help extend their customer reach or to increase the sales of their products or services.
Examples of Internet Marketing
1. Blog Posts: A blog is a platform found online that provides users a space to organize their posts, web pages, and all the content that will go on their site. Your posts in a blog act as tree branches that will reach all the corners of the internet and search engines while a blog is like the tree trunk.
When users access these branches, they will lead them back to your site, thus increasing your sales and future leads. A great blog will also help you gain loyal customers, fans, and followers.
2. Infographics: What a fun way to present valuable information than using infographics; you will create excellent visuals that will attract people. It involves the use of charts, pictures, and illustrations to explain concepts. The contents that are created by the use of infographics are easy to digest & can be shared quickly.
3. Case studies: A case study is another form of popular and useful content sharing. It is basically an in-depth look at the actions your brand or business have finished and had enormous success on. It can be anything you have accomplished for your clients. The content is excellent as it builds trust between the customers and you.
4. Podcasts: Writing a blog post may be a difficult thing for some people as it requires certain skills and effort. However, another option is podcasts which may be very beneficial for those who cannot write well. It is like telling stories through audio or delivering a message on a digital radio station that people can also download and listen to past episodes later.
This type of content will work well if you are a good interviewer, or your oratory skills are top-notch.
5. Videos: Videos are quickly growing to be the most popular content in today’s world. There are numerous reasons why videos are popular. They include easy consumption of the content; the content may also be entertaining and appeals well to the viewers.
There are many types of Internet marketing, including but not limited to: Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Content Marketing, Influencer Marketing and Affiliate Marketing.
As a marketer, one of your jobs is to help business campaigns boost their leads. There are many methods that you can use to achieve this goal. In our E-Book, “Marketing For The Internet Age” we discuss some of the most popular and effective methods to boost leads.
Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization helps to increase your chances of being at the top of search engine results. Search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN & etc., rely on keywords, phrases and structure in order to rank pages. Pages that are most likely to be related to the search terms achieve the highest rating and are shown first. With proper search engine optimization, your page will be in the top results which converts into traffic for your website.
Why is SEO important? With search engine optimization, web pages that best represent a person’s desired search for Information become visible at the top of their search engine results. If you own a business named Pete’s Vegetables, then when a person searches for your name on Google they should be able to find your business in the top three results.
Some factors may come into play, which could dictate this. Factors such as how many other businesses with the same name have a strong presence on the Internet. The more unique the name, or the stronger the presence, the more likely they are to be number one on most search engines. A strong presence is due to having quality pages that best define their websites’ purpose.
In our free E-book, Marketing for the Internet Age, we discuss many methods that help business startups to get started on the road to marketing their products and services. If you would like a free copy of this book, please subscribe to our Newsletter. Subscribing to our Newsletter keeps you updated on our latest news and post from our website. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We are The Modern Time. Discovering the best in innovation.
[…] Also Read: How to: Marketing In the Internet Age. […]